A blog dedicated to the researchers who dyed a captured chimp's fur pink, then released it. The other chimps promptly tore it to pieces.

Friday, April 15, 2005

I'm not a neo-con assclown; I just play one on the Internets

Via Atrios I discovered that "Wheel of Fortune" host Pat Sajak apparently fancies himself quite the conservative Republican spokesprick, with an online archive of utter stupidity to prove it.

Sample:


[I]t’s an uphill battle to convince most Americans that anything having to do with the UN is very important to the United States.

The idea that this is due to the fact that "most Americans" are TV-watching morons never seems to occur to Pat. Which is strange when you think about it, given what he does for a living.

I always get a kick out of conservatives running down the UN, too. When I was attending public school in the US in the fifties, the UN was going to be the world's salvation. The US, through the UN, would lead the world to peace and freedom. All that changed, however, when the US lost control of their creation.

So these days, in classic sour-grapes denial, Americans act like the spoiled little rich kid who takes his bat and ball and goes home if he doesn't get his way every time. The UN is "irrelevant" and something to be mocked and derided.

Here's another snippet of Pat's "wisdom" from his site:

Every time I argue with a Liberal, I’m reminded of quarrels I used to have with my parents. The battles never seemed fair because my folks decided what the rules were and what was out of bounds. In addition, because they were parents, they could threaten me in ways I couldn’t threaten them, and they could say things I could never say.


Aw, poor Pat. He feels so inadequate when he argues with liberals! Probably because he realizes that deep down, he really IS a greedy bloodsucker, just like those nasty ol' liberals keep implying, and he's a conservative and a Republican because he intends for this to continue for the foreseeable future.

While it's certainly understandable that someone's who has experienced the personal success of Sajak would support the status quo, he doesn't have to be such a fucking asshole about it. He makes Bruce Willis look suave and sophisticated.

I agree with Atrios - this needs publicity. There are lots of WOF watchers who aren't conservative OR Republican, and hopefully some of them will become EX-watchers once they realize how contemptuously Sajak views them.

Sajak needs to learn the Bill Maher lesson - if your living depends on being popular, highly controversial statements aren't so good an idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home