A blog dedicated to the researchers who dyed a captured chimp's fur pink, then released it. The other chimps promptly tore it to pieces.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

More bogus "training" at work today

.
Some idiot made the mistake of mentioning at a meeting a few months back that people could use some training. So management checks into it and finds out the company that handles payroll and benefits for them also provides "training" programs. Even better, they're already included in the monthly fee, costing only the travel expenses of the trainer (and paying everybody to attend) to present.

But, as with most things, you get what you pay for, or don't pay for as the case may be. The "training" turns out to be some of the most gawdawful pop-psychology bullshit I've ever encountered, worth even LESS than it's costing, which isn't easy to achieve for something free.

This afternoon's presentation was on "Building Trust" and ended with everyone being asked to fill out an "Action Plan" of real-life situations where they plan to apply the invaluable learning they just endur . . . er, received.

So I'm sitting there thinking, "You know, she's really a nice lady, and I don't want to hurt her feelings. So how do I tell her that my 'Action Plan' is: 'Once I walk out that door, I'm never going to think about this horseshit again for the rest of my life.'"

2 Comments:

  • At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi people
    I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello. Good day
    Who listens to what music?
    I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

     

Post a Comment

<< Home