A blog dedicated to the researchers who dyed a captured chimp's fur pink, then released it. The other chimps promptly tore it to pieces.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Farmer Joke

A man owned a small farm in Alabama.

The Department of Consumer & Employment Protection heard that he was not paying proper wages to his employees and sent an agent down to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.

"Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $400 a week plus free room and board. The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $450 per week plus free room and board. Then there's the half-wit who works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night. He also gets to sleep with my wife occasionally."

"That's the guy I want to talk to, the half-wit," says the agent.

"That would be me," replied the farmer.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Murfyn said…

    That is funny. And yet . . . if he really only made $10 a week, he couldn't afford to pay those other people wages. Which illustrates my favorite Peter F. Drucker quote:
    In modern business, there are no profits, only costs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home