A blog dedicated to the researchers who dyed a captured chimp's fur pink, then released it. The other chimps promptly tore it to pieces.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Epiphone - musical instruments for right-wingers

.
While browsing Epiphone's website looking at guitars, I discovered their free Guitar Willie Screen Mate download. It's a little desktop cartoon character that plays riffs in the style of several well-known musicians including Jeff "Skunk" Baxter and former Jefferson Airplane bassist Jack Casady.

When I checked out the configuration options, I discovered that a "Musician who you don't like" field was already populated with the name "Bill Clinton." (the "Musician you like/respect" field read "John Lee Hooker" - I have no problem with that one) Here's a screenshot:



Anyway, I don't mind telling you that this really pisses me off. Is there some point to making political statements in your advertising that insult your customers and potentially cause them to stop doing business with you? (the Epiphone mandolin I currently own is the last Epiphone product I'll ever buy) You spend millions of dollars on advertising to attract customers, then drive them away because you can't keep your fucking mouth shut about things that have nothing to do with your product? What's up with that?

If this pisses you off as much as it does me, send Gibson (Epiphone's parent company) an e-mail and let them know about it. Their e-mail address is service@gibson.com - as usual, if enough people complain, they'll do something about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home